“Something went wrong” dialog keeps popping up, like every so often (more than I’d like)

I’m trying my best to keep making progress on my learning, but it’s a bit disappointing that this dialog keeps popping up so often.

I’ll be typing and it stops it. Sometimes PlayDotJs just crashes. Other times it gets in the way.
I love the concept of PlayDotJS, but how does everyone deal with the constant annoyances such as dialog boxes and crashes?

(Also If that’s the way it is, so be it. I’m just curious if I’m doing something wrong or if that’s normal)

Hi @Raydred :wave:

Sorry for the problems you are dealing with. What you’re seeing isn’t normal from my experience and this is the first report of this kind that I receive.

You should receive that error code when the React Native project you’re trying to compile takes longer than expected. Does that match the scenario in which you’re seeing the error message?

Regarding the rising number of crashes it’s an issue I’m still investigating that spiked with no apparent reason after a recent iOS 13 update.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for responding. I’ll keep that in mind. It could be compiling, and then i go to type (not knowing its compiling) and it errors out. I’ll chalk it up to “i’m using it wrong”. Haha.

I’ll make sure the user gets some proper feedback whilst the project is being compiled.

Thanks once again!

1 Like