Pure front-end project?

Is there any way to make a pure front-end project without server code?

Hi @BSoD :wave:

You mean pure HTML + JS + CSS projects with the browser loading local files?

Yes,I mean an IOS integrated development environment for those projects.

It’s a good idea. I’ll give it a go :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Bumping this.

Being able to do plain old create-react-app would be perfect.

Is this on the roadmap at all?

Hi @maujee :wave:

React projects are equivalent to create-react-app :slightly_smiling_face:

I know what create-react-app is and that it provides a way to manage the build of a react project.

create-react-app hides most of the internals of webpack and servers, etc. The current implementation of the project in this play.js app requires a JS server (which I know still runs with CRA) explicitly there in order to run. There are many other advantages to create-react-app but it’s not the same as the implementation in the current version of play.js. Unless I missed something.

Perhaps I am missing the way to configure the “start” command in play.js to run react scripts instead of depending on index.js

Hi again,

Sorry I now understand.

Due to several system limitations you cannot directly run commands like create-react-app although you could perform the same actions creat-react-app does by accessing the APIs the command line tool uses.

About not relying on index.js as entry point. That’s going to change and you will be able to run the commands you define on package.json, but these must have the format:
node some_file.js some_argument another_argument.

Great. Being able to run the package.json defines scripts will be very useful. Thanks.

1 Like