App feedback and feature requests

Hi play.js team!

Thanks for creating the wonderful environment. The app’s immersive, mac style experience does work to help focus! The design is one of the prominent points i was immediately sold to the app!

I have now been using that for minor coding practice for a few days now. Coming from a different environment, i sorely miss some features in the app. Can you please tell me if these are on the roadmap? If not, please consider this as my request for the said features.

1. A javascript REPL and debugger, similar to what we get as the browser console/debugger env in chrome or firefox. It would greatly help in debugging and developing larger projects.

2. Option for emacs style keybindings.

3. Options to customize fonts and theme.

4. Auto indentation feature in editor.

I am looking forward to more serious js development on my ipad. The above list comes as a result of preferring play.js for my dev over other tools!

0 Likes

Hi again deejay08 :wave:

Thank you very much for your comments, this is really important to us in our attempt to offer a great development experience on iOS.

Regarding your points:

1. A javascript REPL and debugger, similar to what we get as the browser console/debugger env in chrome or firefox. It would greatly help in debugging and developing larger projects.

Definitely, debugging is fundamental.

1. Option for emacs style keybindings.

I’m afraid this isn’t planned yet although some shortcuts and key-bindings will be added to play.js soon.

1. Options to customize fonts and theme.

Yes. The architecture of the app already supports this, we only need to spend time on building a nice UI for you to customise the default fonts and colours.

1. Auto indentation feature in editor.

This is already in progress so you should expect an acceptable code indentation soon.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions. Keep them coming :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Hi nakiostudio,

Thanks for the quick update!

If the code has already been released, is there a Testflight version available?

Another feature request i have is to allow caps lock as control key. A lot of development apps like Blink shell and iSH (via Testflight) already support this, and would be a great feature for development on ipad!

0 Likes